It can be said that a house without a high-quality, well-constructed rooftop, is not really much of a home. This is especially true in Seattle and the surrounding areas, where among other things, a high-performance rooftop protects the home from the harsh Northwestern climate and keeps the people living inside of it dry and comfortable throughout the seasons of the year.
Roofing installation techniques and materials have advanced considerably in recent years, and today’s products are built to last for decades, even in the harsh conditions of Seattle’s weather and climate. One of our favorite trends that’s growing in popularity is metal roofing. This type of rooftop, unlike traditional roofs made with asphalt shingles or even wood, are highly durable, longer-lasting, and can be the perfect blend of style and unsurpassable function for any home in the area.
At Tristate Roofing, our roofing company is dedicated to providing our customers with high-quality, professionally installed metal roofing guaranteed to make any house become a home. In this article, we’re going over some of the amazing benefits of metal rooftops, and some of the drawbacks to consider as well, to help you make a decision about your upcoming home renovation in Seattle.
The Pros of Metal Roofing
There are many benefits of metal roofing, which is one of the most durable options you can choose for your home improvement project. Here are a few of our favorite features of this high-performance and beautiful roofing option:
- Damage Resistance: Compared to its more traditional counterparts, a metal roof offers unparalleled resistance to fire, impact, wind, and hail damage. In addition to taking a beating, the metal roofing also maintains its appearance in the face of damage, which means less maintenance is needed.
- Longer Lifespan: Metal lasts longer than most other materials. Its durability keeps it looking new with less maintenance for a much longer than usual timeframe. For longevity that can’t be beaten, a metal roof may be in your future.
- Customization Options: Metal roofs can be customized in a variety of stylish options. Metal rooftops can be designed in a range of beautiful and modern colors, textures, and decors, and can even be manufactured to look like wood, slate, or asphalt shingles.
The Cons of Metal Roofing
For every roofing option available, there are pros and cons to consider before making a decision. Homeowners should think about the following possible drawbacks before choosing metal for their home improvement project:
- Price: Many traditional roofing materials are much cheaper to install than a metal roof. The durability and long-term benefits of a metal roof can offset the higher cost, however, and will likely require much less time and money for upkeep and roof repair over the years.
- Metal is Loud: Rain, hail, and snow falling on a metal roof can get noisy. Extra insulation can help soften the sounds during harsh weather. However, this could add to the extra cost. It’s also worth mentioning that there are many people that find that they enjoy the sounds of rain or snow falling on a metal roof, so this could possibly be a benefit depending on your noise sensitivity.
- Water Damage: Water can cause metal to rust rather quickly. Make sure that your professional roofers understand how to protect your roof from water damage with a special protective coating, and that the installation process is executed perfectly to prevent rusting from water exposure.
Going Metal with Tristate Roofing
At Tristate Roofing, we understand how important it is to choose the right material for your rooftop installation or roof replacement. That’s why we go above and beyond to provide personalized, attentive customer service for our homeowners, to help them make the most confident choice they can for their home improvement investment.
If you’re wondering whether a metal rooftop is a right choice for your home, we can help you make the best decision for you. For more information on metal roofing and our installation services at Tristate Roofing, give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional roofing services or fill out our online form to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation and pricing quote in your home.